What a busy week it was. One of those weeks where you look up not feeling much at all got done but still having managed to get some things taken care of.
I took my friend T to the theater, if only to show appreciation for all the good turns she has done by me through the years. We got to see Sandra Bernhard’s latest show Everything Bad and Beautiful which is running over on Union Square through July. Not knowing what to expect, I went in with no expectations. In a small, intimate venue it was quite the good show.
A running monologue (more spoken word than comedy routine) punctuated by song. I had not known Sandra Bernhard possesses such a wonderful voice! The band was tight, her voice was great and the humor was biting. I walked away thinking perhaps SB has missed her calling and if Air America was at all smart, they would grab her for a slot - she has the acerbic and intelligent wit that would build a devote and loyal audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment